ArtSmart Summer Camp 2021
- What: A summer arts enrichment program for 5 – 14 year olds
Due to COVID Guidelines class sizes will be Limited Capacity and First Paid, First Serve Basis
- When: Mon. – Fri. June 21 – 25
Ages 5-9: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Ages 10-14: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Where: Olde Town Conyers; Daily Check-in and pick-up will take place at either Center Street Arts (910 Center St.) or The Sketching Pad (924 Center St.)
- Cost: $100
Classes This Summer
(drawing, painting, and sculpture)
(music and musical theater)
The Conyers Rockdale Council for the Arts, Bella Musica Music Studio and The Sketching Pad are pleased to bring back ArtSmart Camp again this summer! Ages 5-14 are welcome to participate in our program. ArtSmart Camp is in Olde Town Conyers, and classes will be held at Center Street Arts and The Sketching Pad.
Your child will explore their creativity during their two daily classes. Classes will be grouped according to age and class size will be limited in order to comply with COVID guidelines. Classes will be filled in order of receipt of fully paid tuition, so register early! Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Tuition includes instruction, all supplies and daily snacks.
Our staff has been carefully selected. They are all professional artists who have made the arts a passion for life. They are experienced working with children and with teaching their craft.
ArtSmart Camp Rules
Please review these rules of ArtSmart Camp with your child prior to camp.
- Listen to your teachers, follow instructions and classroom rules.
- Respect and support your fellow campers. Everyone is different and will have strengths and weaknesses in different areas.
- Do NOT touch anyone else’s art!
- Try! Go for it….it’s your creative self, so you can’t mess up!
- Maintain a Positive Focus: Our campers are expected to follow the Instructors so that they can get the most out of their time at camp and Maintain a positive attitude and interaction with all others involved in the program. Disruptive, distracting or problematic behavior that affects this learning environment will not be tolerated.
- Respect All Other People’s Personal Space. Keep hands, feet and all other objects to self.
- Show respect for others: Campers will respect the rights and feelings of the other campers. Fighting, bullying, name calling, intimidations, bigotry of any kind, inappropriate language or any other form of emotional or physical abuse or unwanted contact directed to one another, Instructors or Volunteers, will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination from the program and No Refund will be issued.
*** Any camper who believes that he or she has observed or experienced prohibited behaviors should report it immediately to an Instructor/Director. ***
- Respect our Locations/Venues: Campers will respect all facilities used during camp. Campers will pick up after themselves and work to keep the theater and classrooms clean.
- Always be On Time
- Do Not Leave Class Until Dismissed: Campers will not leave any session without permission. There may be times a camper needs a break from class because of stress or overstimulation. At these times, campers must request to leave class and will be escorted away from the group to recover by an adult.
- Campers may not use cell phones or electronic games during classes. Parents please do not text or call campers during camp hours.
- Dress Appropriately: Campers are expected to dress appropriately for all sessions. Items with provocative, offensive, violent or drug related pictures or slogans will not be permitted. Items advertising alcoholic beverages or tobacco products will not be permitted. Appropriate foot wear is always expected. No sandals, flip flops or bare feet will be allowed. Students should wear suitable shoes for movement such as tennis shoes.
- Agree to Abide by the Three Strike Rule: Campers breaking any of the code of conduct rules will have the following disciplinary actions. The first instance: camper will be given a verbal warning by the Instructor. The second instance: camper will be given a verbal warning, and parent/guardian will be contacted. Third instance: camper will be dismissed permanently from camp and No Refund will be issued.
- I understand the Sponsors and Staff of ArtSmart Summer Camp are not responsible for keeping track of or safety/functionality of any personal property campers bring to camp. This includes cell phones, video games, special art tools, clothing, lunch boxes, water bottles, toys, etc. I agree that I will not hold any Sponsor/Staff responsible for loss/damage to my child’s items.
“Creativity takes courage” – Henri Matisse